If the heating system doesn’t seem to be working correctly in your Rhode Island house, then consider having it inspected to see if you need repair or replacement services before the coldest temperatures come. If you do need a replacement before winter, Evergreen Plumbing & Heating can help you decide on the best heating system for your home and install it professionally.
- If you hear unusual noises from your heating system, then you could need repair services. If you hear popping noises or banging coming from your heating system, shut it off and call for services right away. Odd noises could be a sign of a broken part or other significant damage to your heating unit.
- If your heating costs get higher every year and your energy rates don’t increase, then your heater may use more energy to produce heat than necessary. A more energy-efficient model may lower your energy bills.
- If your heating system doesn’t keep your home warm enough, then you should have it inspected to see if you need your system replaced.
- If the flame for your pilot light is any color other than blue, you should have it inspected. Shut off the heater and wait to turn it back on. You may also want to check for carbon monoxide
in your home. A carbon monoxide alarm is vital to have installed, especially if you have an older heating system.
- If your heating system is older than 15 years old and you don’t feel that it works well enough to heat your whole home properly, then it may be time to get a replacement.
- If you notice that your heating system blows cold air or turns on and off irregularly, then you may need repair or replacement services for your heating system.
If you see cracks or any other damage to your heating unit, such as rust, have it inspected to make sure it is safe for your home. Having routine maintenance will help keep your heating system in good shape for a more extended period.