The best way to make sure that your heating system in Rhode Island works throughout the coldest months is preventative maintenance. Any heating problems that you may have now will seem multiplied in the freezing weather. If you do have preventative maintenance and your heating system won’t work when you need it, call Evergreen Plumbing & Heating for emergency repair services right away!
- Having your heating system inspected in the fall will allow you the time to produce funds for needed repairs.
- If you have an older heating system, it is easier to have it serviced in the fall as it may need particular care to make sure it works well during the coldest months.
- You can talk to an HVAC technician about your heating system and get the questions answered that you have about winter and keeping your home heated efficiently in Rhode Island. New residents that aren’t used to the colder weather in Rhode Island may want to get advice about how to care for a home in the severe cold.
- You can ask about replacements and decide before winter. If you choose to replace your heating system, late summer or early fall are the ideal months to make the change.
- You know that your system is professionally inspected and ready for freezing temperatures. Having a professional tell you that your heating system is working well is a great feeling!
- Your air quality will be better in your home if you have your air filters changed. You can also have your vents and ductwork cleaned to make sure that you have the best air quality during the months when you are indoors the most.
- You have a lot of time to figure out the right temperature for everyone in your home and can set a programmable thermostat to the most energy-efficient settings.
- You have time to make sure you uncover all your vents and move your household items or furniture away from them in preparations for winter. During the inspection process, your vents should be accessible and open.