Sometimes it is hard to know when you should replace your air conditioner. In Rhode Island, you may not need your AC all the time, but it is nice to have during the summer months. There are some signs that you may notice, which are good indicators of needing a new AC.
- Your air conditioner has a SEER rating that is too low. If the SEER rating on your AC is lower than 13, it isn’t as efficient as a new one. Getting a new unit will help you use less energy and save you money long-term.
- If you must repair your air conditioner regularly, a new air conditioner can help you save money on costly repairs. These costs can add up, and you can avoid them by putting investing your money into a more reliable system.
- Your air conditioner is a unit that uses R 22 Freon. New air conditioners use refrigerant R410A, which helps conserve energy.
- If you have the air conditioner in your home checked, and you are told that you need significant repairs to keep your unit working well, then a new air conditioner is beneficial to make sure an HVAC system in Rhode Island working well.
- If you aren’t cool enough during the hot summer months, a new air conditioner can help solve the problem.
- If you want to update your system because you are remodeling or selling your home, a new air conditioner is a high selling point. It will add value to your home as buyers don’t usually want to replace or repair items when they look for a turn-key home.
- If you’ve had your AC unit for more than ten years, it is time to start thinking about replacing it for a more efficient model. While you don’t have to do it right away if repairs aren’t needed and it works okay, an old unit will eventually need a replacement.
Evergreen Plumbing & Heating in Rhode Island offers residents capable and professional experts that have experience in replacing and installing new air conditioners. If you need a check-up on your HVAC system, give us a call to schedule your routine maintenance.